Monday, July 30, 2012

Something Sunday --- Fireworks

Okay Okay this gives you an idea of how far behind I am on these photos.  Yes this is the July 4th celebration in Davis County.  Thanks to my friend L we were able to at least see some fireworks that night!

Okay I will tell you all the secret to shooting fireworks.  Here you go you ready...

First off your camera has got to be on a tripod.  I practice shooting free hand a lot and my longest exposure that is decently sharp and clear has been 3.2 seconds and I got really lucky and was using a railing as a brace but I digress.  Camera on tripod.  Use the lens of your choose I have used wide angle and zoom both to great effectiveness but the following must be adhered to (well we always break the rules but you get my drift) set F/Stop to F/11 ISO to 100 and expose for 4-7 seconds.  That is it basically.  Now I also manual focus that way I can press the shutter at anytime and do not have to worry about it locking on a point of light.  That is up to you.

Here are some of my favorites that night.  I normally do not post process fireworks no need to but since I got my new LR 4 program thought I would try and see what happens I liked these the best!






There you go got to love any opportunity you get to take photos like this!!!!  Hope yall had a very good July 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment