Monday, July 9, 2012

Something Sunday --- Arizona

Wow I am always a day behind it seems like.  I have a lot of projects that I am working on in lieu of paying jobs.  This is not necessarily a bad thing it just seems like I never have to time to get them all done.  You see these are my photos and I figure I will get around to them not like a clients with deadlines...  Well I am still behind that should tell you something right there.

I recently went on a trip to Arizona for business.  I found out one of my co-workers had a 7D the same as mine and we arranged to go get some shots.  Well we went up in the Superstition Mountains and this is what we found!

The cacti were in bloom for sure. 

It just so happened that these birds were flying around catching the updrafts from the mountains.  This one was heading into the sunset when I took lighting the back of his wings and tail.


Welcome to Tortilla Flats at about 9:30 pm.  Here we are doing some light painting and having some fun.

I really liked the Indian statue in this photo but the other parts I painted add to the picture immensely!

Abel thought I was crazy as this is full on dark here. Result though I am pleased with.
A special thanks to Abel Hernandez for assisting me in taking the night photos.  I did discover that night it is a lot easier to light paint if you have help.  We had a great time even if late!  There are a lot more to this one and I am working on them.  J do not worry your is finished.

1 comment:

  1. Was in Phoenix for work in May, spent some time in the mountains but certainly didn't come back with photos like these...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete