Monday, January 31, 2011

Low Light Situation

Okay for class we were learning how to take photos in a low/no light situations.  Me being the curious fellow that I am thought I need to practice this.  See my thinking is as a photog all we do is chase light so if there is no or very little and you can master that then when you have a lot it should be easy.  Right!  Well not quite but my friend N really helped out on this one.

She works in Salt Lake and knows the area very well.  It was dusk well night time by the time I got there, and she suggested we walk to Memory Grove.  For those of you that do not know in Salt lake there is a whole grove that is dedicated to the memory and honor of the fallen soldiers from Utah of almost every war America has been in.  It was a very special place for me as my father served in the Air Force.  There were a couple of chances and this is what I captured.



This is one of my favorites of all time.  There was a ring of trees around a stone bench that you can sit on and contemplate.  N sat on the bench and I had her move until her eyes were in a small stream of light from a street lamp on the other side of the tress.  I did not believe it was going to work as it was very dark and holding still while a little cold is not easy.  Incredible shot I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment