Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cross Roads

For those of you that know Robert Johnson and the fabulous music he made, yes he is playing right now, he has a song called Cross Roads Eric Clapton has covered it but the father of blues did it first.  I am at a cross roads right now as well.  You see I really enjoy photography it is fun to be able to capture a moment in time freeze it and record it forever is amazing to me.  I have created art in some of my photos and captured special moments for all to enjoy, but the deeper I get into this the more I realize my skills are so lacking when compared to others.  I am not looking for compliments nor having a pity party it is just a fact.  There are some amazing photographers out there.  They do really good work and really make pictures pop.  I know with the right tools and equipment I can learn and gain the skills, but the cost to buy that equipment or tools is quite expensive.  So at a cross roads do I keep it a hobby or jump in with both feet get what I need to do this right?  Well as I face my dilemma in the mean time enjoy these moments in time...



I was invited to a town Christmas party.  This baby had some of the funniest faces, but every time (I mean literally every time) I pushed the shutter he would go blank like this.  I do not know how he did it, but in looking at it I think it is a fun picture.



This cute one was at the Ugly Sweater Christmas Party.  I know I promised pictures but none of them turned out, but I was amazed how similar the 2 babies faces were.  Maybe the shock of having a camera with a big lens in their faces was too much.

Once again at the Ugly Sweater Christmas party I got to keep the fire going.  Can you tell I like fire it is so cool to look at and enjoy...

Ah the partying was just too much for some.  This was a fun family that is in limbo between two places right now.  I am glad I had the chance to get to know them.  I really liked the way the mom was looking at her daughter in this picture.  Her husband and other daughter will be in my later blog about fathers.


No comments:

Post a Comment