Sunday, January 29, 2012

Something Sunday --- Slow Times

Well it is that time of year I guess.  All the money has been spent for Christmas and not just much happening.  I tend to work on a lot of projects when that happens.  As they say practice practice practice you see you have to be able to handle any situation as a photog!  Here are some I have taken while practicing...


Okay anyone that knows me half way good knows I like lemonade.  My co-workers call me a connoisseur as it seems like I know where to go to get the best.  After work one day I had this sitting on my desk and thought hmmmm what would happen.  Fluorescent lighting is not the easiest to work in by the way!


And my second love has got to be eating!!!  So at restaurants I tend to look for things to capture.  This in reality is a low light shot as it was to the back of the restaurant.  I love me some good Polynesian food! 


Yes this is in a restaurant as well.  This one was tricky you have natural light coming in from the big windows and then fluorescent from overhead.  I could not get it to look the way I wanted so guess what vintage black and white.  I think it fits the scene as well.


Oh okay here is a rose about 4 months ago I captured.  I was actually working several things in this photo.  1st was golden hour of which I have posted before 2nd would be bokeh.  Yes technical term but basically means the blurred out background.  This is an unedited picture straight from the camera with watermark added is all.


What is me practicing with no sunset shot.  I was actually working composition in this image trying to frame the clouds by the trees to capture the best image.  Technically speaking it is not good, but I like the way it looks!
 So there you have it.  My practice shots!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment