Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunsets

While chatting with a friend this morning it reminded me of some sunset shots I have taken.  You know to me sunset is an awesome time.  It is the transition from all that is bright to night and has a calming soothing effect on the soul.  Here are some of my favorites.


<>
This is from the top of Buffalo Point on Antelope Island.  Amazing how the sun was golden and reflected off the water.

Same day as before but I am watching as the sun goes down.  I also tried a different crop.

This should actually look familiar as it is under my name on the blog.  The story goes like this...  I was cruising to my photography class in Logan one day when I came to the small town of Mantua.  We were going about 65 miles an hour (speed trap there) and I looked back over my shoulder and saw this.  Slammed on the brakes and shot for about 25 minutes before it was down all the way. 

From my work facing the western mountain range.


These last 2 are my favorites.  I actually have this one on my phone as the screen saver.  Ah the memories...

The wreck I almost had was well worth these shots.  It was amazing.
Photography has afforded me many opportunities and I enjoy every one of them.  These are some of them.  Have you taken the time to notice what God has provided as our "art" it is humbling knowing I am trying to capture that in the camera, but at the same time I get to enjoy the view as well.  Hope yall can feel the peace and gratitude I felt as I was able to capture these shots.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. So nice to hear some insight as to your inspiration, too. It's true. The earthly world is a place of beauty and wonder, and it was given to us to marvel at... and to care for.
    (:> )=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete